We run 4 teams at the club U10, U12, U14 and U16. As a newly formed club we would normally be looking for players for all of the teams. Unusually though we already have many registered players as the club exists as a result of the closure of the Gillingham FC Regional Talent Club. All of our players were on the official England Lionesses pathway but as a result of the closure of the RTC they are all now staying together to continue their training and development.
We do have a few gaps in the squads in the following teams:
- Under 10’s – who will play in the East Kent Youth Football League boys divisions
- Under 12’s – who will also play in the East Kent Youth Football League boys divisions
- Under 16’s – who will play in the Junior Premier League girls division
As such we are inviting expressions of interest to join our club.
Each expression of interest will be assessed on merit and players will be invited to trial for a place at the club. The trials will be undertaken by our expert professional coaches who previously were the coaches at the RTC. If you are offered a place at the club and you accept you will receive the following:
- 2 nights of professional training and development following the established 4 quadrant FA training methodology (3 hours for U10 and U12’s and 4hours for U14 and U16’s)
- A challenging league programme with matches each weekend
- Entry into cup tournaments in each age group
- Structured feedback at least twice a year via formal player reviews
- Organised friendlies against RTC level clubs to assess player and team development
Our club works extremely closely with the Kent FA to deliver professional training and development with exposure and recognition of the national FA player pathway.
We are also forging formal affiliations with FA Women’s National League Clubs to provide a pathway from youth to senior football after leaving our Under 16’s.
If you are interested in trialling for the club please complete our online form and we will be in touch with details of trials in due course.
The closing date for expressions of interest is 31/7/20.